#14 What to Eat Before, During, and After a Run and RaceMar 07, 2021
Part two of the podcast interview with marathoner, triathlete, dietitian, and Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics, Pam Nisevich-Bede. In podcast episode 14, we cover all aspects of what to eat before, during and after a run or race as well as a few bonus questions.
- Sports Nutritionist and Author of Run to Lose, Pam Bede shares what to eat before a run and race, when to eat it and what not to eat. [1:00 – 6:50]
- How to fuel before a race that starts in late morning like the Boston and New York City Marathons, evening like Vegas Rock n Roll Marathon and very early morning races like Disney [6:51 – 14:00]
- How to fuel and hydrate during a run and race, and during back to back races like the Dopey Challenge. [14:01 – 20:04]
- How to fuel after a short and long runs, and races. [29:05 – 33:40]
- How to eat during race week and when and how to carbo load. [33:41 – 38:03]
- What are soluable and insoluable fiber, and what are the best fiber choices for race week. [38:04 – 39:42]
I hope you enjoy this episode with Pam Nisevich-Pede!
Thanks for the listen!
Listen to it on iTunes.
Stream to listen now by clicking here.
Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
Find Pam on Instagram and Twitter at @pambederd
Read her Runner’s World column here.
Find her book Run to Lose here.
Stay in the loop!
Join 50,000+ others and be the first to hear about new episodes, upcoming challenges, and get insider tips that I don't share anywhere else!
We respect your privacy and will never send spam. Opt-out at anytime.