#22 How to Train for a High Altitude Race at Low Altitude with Ultra Runner Dylan BowmanMar 15, 2021
In this episode of The Coach Jenny Show, I talk with pro ultra-runner Dylan Bowman, who is the director of endurance for Hypoxico Altitude Training and works with some of the best athletes and sports teams in the world to maximize performance.
He’s coming off a recent and impressive win at the 100 miles of Istria Ultra-Marathon in Croatia and he shares his insights into his own training, racing long distances at altitude, how professional athletes like Kilian Jornet use the Hypoxico Altitude Training to optimize performance, and strategies you can use to perform at your best up high. Dylan shares how recently he worked with five Everest climbers using Hypoxico’s “Rapid Ascent” strategy and they were able to summit (one without oxygen support) and cut the climb acclimatization itinerary time in half!
If you’ve ever wondered how to prepare for a race at altitude or how to use altitude training to improve performance, give this podcast a listen. You’ll learn how the leaders in the industry are using altitude training to crush their goals. Enjoy!
[Image Credit: Red Bull]
- Follow Dylan Bowman on his website, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Learn more about Hypoxico Altitude Training here.
- Check out the deets on Dylan’s 2017 Quest Race – The Ultra-Trail Mont Blanc Mountain Race (UTMB)
Special Discounted Hypoxico Rental Package for Coach Jenny’s Tribe!
- 8 week rental of generator and altitude tent: $1200 ($200 discount).
- 4 and 6 week rental packages available too at $150/week ($100-$150 discount).
- Exercise mask and circuit kit: $200 ($95 discount) Optional but highly recommended for rapid and thorough acclimatization. Requires home access to stationary cardio equipment like a bike trainer or treadmill.
- Two-way shipping: $100-$200 depending on shipping destination.
- Free altitude training template specific for sleep, exercise workouts, and intermittent hypoxic training.
- Free 20min phone consultation with Hypoxico representative.
- Ability to apply all rental fees towards purchase of a system.
- Offer valid until December 31, 2017.
- Please reserve one to two weeks in advance to ensure availability.
- No deposit required.
To learn more about this package and rent a Hypoxico system email or call303-419-3715.
*Disclaimer: Hypoxico sent me an altitude tent and exercise mask to use to prepare for my upcoming attempt to summit Mt Kilimanjaro.
Stream to listen now by clicking here.
Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
Stay in the loop!
Join 50,000+ others and be the first to hear about new episodes, upcoming challenges, and get insider tips that I don't share anywhere else!
We respect your privacy and will never send spam. Opt-out at anytime.